Flashmob Time = Tuvalu Time (TLD .tv) = Time for all simultaneously executing International Events.|
» Please keep that in mind !
Informationen about the Flashmob Time Location:
Tuvalu is a cluster of islands in the South West Pacific between the Gilbert Islands in the north, which belong to Ciribati, and the Fiji Islands in the south.
- Continent: Australasia
- Official Name: Tuvalu. The original meaning of the name is the “eight side by side”, even though there are nine atoll that make up the country. The smallest atoll – Niulakita – is not included in the official name, as it was first populated in 1949.
- Political System: Constitutional monarchy, ruled by the British monarchy. The government in Tuvalu is made up of an “assembly” of 12 representatives from the islands.
- Head of State: Prime Minister (Faimalaga Luka since 1998)
- Size: 25 km²
- Coast: 24 km
- Structure: 9 atolls
- Capital city: Vaiaku (Funafuti)
- Membership of International Organisations: UN
- Official Language: Tuvalese, English
- State Religion: none
- Currency: 1 Australian Dollar (AUD) = 100 Cents
- Population: 11,000
- Ethnic Composition of Population: Tuvalun 91.2%; mixed Polynesian/Micronesian/other 7.2%; European 1.0%; other 0.6%
- Largest City: Fongafale 4,000
- International Reference: TUV (International top level domain: tv)
- National Day: 1st October (day independence was gained from Great Britain in 1978)
- Geographically Situated: 173º O - 180º O / 13º S - 3º S
- Climate: The predominant south easterly winds cool the damp, tropical climate by a few degrees. The annual rain fall is high, but regular and long lasting dry periods in the past nearly led to depopulation.
- Flora/Fauna: The sandy soil is pretty infertile, which means only coconut palms and similar plants can survive there. The animal kingdom is predominantly made up of Polynesian rats, lizards and sea-birds. There are plenty of fish in the sea!
- Time Zone: CET (Central European Time) + 11.0 Hours; CEST (Central European Summer Time) + 10.0 Hours
- Birth Rate per 1,000 People: 23 (World Average: 25.0)
- Death Rate per 1,000 People: 9 (World Average: 9.3)
- Average Annual Salary per Inhabitant: $1,530.00 (US)
- Most Important Import Goods: Food, Machinery, Vehicles, Fuel
- Most Important Export Goods: Copra, Fish and Fish Products, Postage Stamps
- Resources: Copra, Fish